TheBestronics is reader-supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Learn more.
Having a projector makes you feel like you have a home theater which allows you to enjoy your favorite shows, sports, and movies in the best way. People commonly have the best projectors, but they do not know which will be the best when it comes to screens. However, using a white sheet for the projector is a reliable option, but there are still many questions. So, to answer all your questions here, we have everything you need to know about using white sheets for your projector.
Benefits Of Using White Sheet For Projector
If the question “can you use a white sheet as a projector screen?” is disturbing, you do not worry. Here we have some interesting benefits of using white sheets as a screen for projectors.
- Highly Portable: The best thing about sheets is that they are lightweight. Therefore, you can carry them to any part of your house. If you have guests, you can take them to your TV lounge. Otherwise, you can enjoy seasons and movies with your partner in the comfort of your bedroom. Moreover, you can easily store it anywhere you like.
- User Friendly: White sheets are very user-friendly. You can easily make them at home or buy them from the market. They are really easy to manage, adjust and handle. You can easily place them on any wall and start enjoying your favorite program.
- Affordable: The biggest attraction of using a White Sheet For a Projector is affordable. You will not have to spend hundreds of dollars on getting a screen. Besides that, you can even use a thick white bed sheet available at your home to make your screen.
- Easily Available: White sheets are easily available. There are different sizes and styles available which you can easily get. Moreover, you can adjust your bedsheets and start using them if you are not planning to spend extra bucks.
White or Black Sheet For Projector: Which is Better Option?
When it comes to projecting onto sheet screens, people want to know whether they should go not black or white sheets. Having a black screen will provide you with a sharper image. Moreover, it will have better black levels if you have ambient light in the rooms. Having a black screen will be a good solution, but there is some drawback. Colors will easily disperse on the black screen, due to which you may notice a rainbow effect.
White Sheet For Projector: ASHATA Synthetic Polyester Fabric
Ashata white sheet for the projector is a high-quality sheet manufactured with synthetic polyester fabric. It is a durable and strong product that provides the portability that allows you to even enjoy your shows outdoor. Both sides are white which makes it easier to utilize. The non-reflective surface makes it good for all indoor and outdoor activities.
Besides that, a black screen is costly and not easily available. Therefore, you can select any screen you are comfortable with, but a black one is always a better option.
To avoid a bad impression, make sure to iron the sheets properly before you hang them on the wall.
Is Using A Bed Sheet For Screen Good?
No doubt you can easily buy a white sheet from the market. However, if you have a tight budget, you can easily make it at home. All you have to do is assure that sheet is clean and properly ironed. Hook it to the wall, and you are good to go. Besides that, it will be the best way to enjoy your favorite shows and movies without any hesitation. Moreover, you can use any other thick piece of cloth as a screen. Keep it flat and wrinkle-free to use for a long time.
Things You Need To Make A White Projector Screen
Before starting with the screen, you need to consider your budget. Once you set your budget, you will have to get the following things if you do not already have them at home.
- Thick white sheet
- Screws or hooks
- Bare wall
5 Steps On How To Make Projector Screen At Home
Here are 5 simple steps to make a projector screen with a sheet?
1- Know The Size
It is essential to determine the right screen size that you need to display. Commonly, the best size of the screen will be 5x 6 feet. Moreover, depending on the size of your wall, you can easily arrange the size of the screen. The size will also depend on the type of projector you are using.
2- Sew The Sheet Properly
Once you have done the measurements, cut the sheets to the required size and sew them. Make sure to leave a few inches on each side as it will help you fold and sew these sides neatly. Therefore, it will help you get the right size.
3- Add Eyelets
Add the eyelets on the top sides of your sheet after sewing it.
4- Slide The Pipe
Take a pipe of the right size and fold the bottom of the sheet onto the PVC pipe. After that, crease your sheet and take the pipe out. You can now sew the side, place the pipe back inside, and close its edges.
Thus, having a pipe will keep your sheet free from wrinkles. Besides that, it will help you keep the sheet flat. Moreover, you can use this pipe to easily hang the sheet on the wall.
Never use extra-large or extra small sheets that will be difficult for you to manage.
5- Hang Your White Sheet For Projector
Using a hammer hang hooks into the ceiling. Therefore, you can hang your sheet with these hooks to the wall, and you can now enjoy watching whatever you want.
4 Steps To DIY Portable Projector Screen
Once we attach the hooks to the ceiling, it gets hard to move your screen around. Here we have simple tips on making your projector screen portable.
- Pick the right size and cut the sheets to the size you need.
- Sew the sizes properly and insert eyelets. After that, add pipe into the sheet.
- You can place hooks in the ceiling of different rooms where you would like to watch your shows.
- Easily attach the screen with the hooks of any room you need and enjoy your shows.
Other Homemade Movie Screen Ideas
If you are not planning on using a white sheet for the projector screen, you can consider some other items. Here we have a few ideas that you can look forward to.
- Blank white wall.
- Whiteside of wrapping paper.
- Projector paint.
- Roller shades.
It is always better to use a white surface or screen for the best impact.
Bottom Line: You can enjoy your favorite movies and shows on any white sheet for a projector that you need. However, depending on your budget, you can easily use any screen you are most comfortable with. With the projector, you can make your gathering more fun and memorable.
White Sheet for a Projector – FAQs
Q: Should I Use White Wall As A Screen?
A: You can use a white wall to screen your projector. Another option will be to apply a project painted on the wall to get better image quality.
Q: Is Blackout Cloth A Good Choice?
A: Blackout cloth has a very sturdy and tough material, making it a good option to use a projector screen. Use the smooth side of the material to use as your screen.
Q: Which Is The Best Size For Projector Screen?
A: 5 x 6 feet is the ideal size for the projector screen.